Watsi is a global crowdfunding platform that enables anyone to directly fund healthcare for people around the world.
We’re a team of engineers, designers, doctors, and marketers working at Watsi because we believe that everyone, everywhere deserves access to healthcare. We move fast, take risks, and come to work every day excited about building an organization that matters more than we do.
The Watsi platform is built on Ruby on Rails. On the crowdfunding side, we build tools to connect patients with donors across the world. On the medical operations side, we collect extensive data on patients, their diagnoses, and personal stories that allows us to quantify our impact.
For more info on the work we do, check out our recent trips to:
We're looking for a part-time design intern to work with our team in San Francisco this summer.
As a design intern, your typical day may include the following:
- Work with the product team and our Lead Designer to sketch and build innovative ideas that bring healthcare to people around the world.
- Mock and prepare assets/prototypes for implementation, and review and provide feedback on other design related projects.
- Create promotional collateral for our team, volunteers, and donors (ie. t-shirts, postcards, and gift cards).
- You care about the impact of your work.
- You want to work at a small, focused, and fast organization.
- You want to work on challenging problems in healthcare, privacy, and scaling.
- You are obsessed with the details and see a potential for creating memorable work everyday.
- You enjoy brainstorming and planning new product features.
- You are looking for a place to learn and work with an experienced and passionate team.
What we’re looking for:
- Up to 2 years of Design education
- Experience with UX and web design best practices
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with following brand guidelines
- Proficiency in Sketch and Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
Bonus points if you:
- Have a background in product design (UX/UI)
- Can generate interactive prototypes
- Feel comfortable writing in HTML/CSS/JS
- Worked at a startup or in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
- Create work that changes people's lives everyday
- Fun hangouts with amazing people who all care about the mission of connecting donors to patients
Equal Employment Opportunity
Watsi helps fund healthcare for people around the world, and in order to fully realize this goal, we need a team that can represent it. Watsi is an equal opportunity employer; applicants will not be discriminated based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
If this sounds interesting to you, please send us an email with what you have (Dribbble, Github, LinkedIn, etc) to email@example.com.
Design can change the world. Designer at Watsi.