Watsi is launching our inaugural class of fellows! We’re looking for individuals who can commit to spending 12 months working with our medical partners in Kenya, Haiti, or Guatemala.
Watsi is a website that enables individuals to directly fund life-changing healthcare for patients who cannot afford it. We work with medical partners around the world who identify patients in need of care, submit funding requests to Watsi, and provide quality care to patients.
Watsi fellows will be instrumental in supporting our medical partners abroad. Daily tasks and long-term projects will include:
- Operational support
- Supporting the Watsi patient submission process
- Gathering and reporting data
- Auditing and due diligence
- Content gathering: photography, writing, storytelling, interviews
- Opportunity for exploration and special projects based on partner needs
Priority will be given to fellows with one or more of the following abilities:
Guatemala: Spanish; Kaqchikel
Haiti: French; Creole
- Media: photography, video
- Technology: full-stack, data analysis
Details and logistics:
- Fellows must commit to living and working with one of our partners for 12 months
- Fellowship runs July 2016 - June 2017
- Fellow placements in either Haiti, Guatemala, or Kenya will be based on language fluency, preference, interest, prior experience, and fit
- Round-trip flight reimbursement plus living stipend provided
If you are interested in applying to be in Watsi’s inaugural class of fellows, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, May 16th, 2016:
- Cover letter
Additional materials based on skillset
Portfolio, work samples, website, writing samples, Github, etc.
I manage medical partnerships @ Watsi