Watsi is a global crowdfunding platform for healthcare that enables anyone to donate as little as $5 to directly fund low-cost, high-impact medical care for people in need.
We’re looking for an operations expert to join our SF team, lead our medical program, and shape the future of global health by growing our impact around the world.
- A ‘systems thinker’ with experience deploying people and technology in parallel (often swapping out one for the other) to create coherent processes
- Knowledgeable about global health, ideally with a background in medicine or public health
- Driven by the idea that everyone deserves access to healthcare
- Leading our medical program
- Building scalable processes to manage our complex ecosystem of patients, medical partners, medical criteria, treatments, pricing, follow-ups, audits, data, and transparency
- Shaping global policies and laying down impenetrable enforcement mechanisms
- Deftly handling individual patient cases, troubleshooting logistical issues, and collaborating with other members of the Watsi team to tell patients’ stories to the world
- Managing existing relationships with 16 medical organizations and constantly scouting new partnership opportunities
- Keeping impeccable records to ensure transparency and accountability
- Maintaining smooth day-to-day operations
- A happy and challenging work environment
- A hungry, dedicated team of developers, designers, thinkers, and operators
- Opportunities to travel and visit the hospitals we work with
- Huge potential for professional growth and leadership in a new space
If you’re interested in joining our team to change the future of health, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!
More about us:
Since launching one year ago, we’ve funded life-changing medical care for more than 800 people in 16 countries. We’ve been featured by BBC News, NPR, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and we recently raised $1.2M to scale our organization.
P.S. – Please don’t call about the position. We promise we’ll reply to all emails :)
Cofounder at Watsi
If you liked this post, check out
"Being a fully remote company with employees around the world, we wanted to give back in a way that had a global impact. Watsi provides the perfect opportunity to extend our goal of creating positive change for patients around the world. " Smile.io's Head of People Amanda shared with us...…