Hoping to use your writing skills to make a difference? Watsi is looking for two writing interns to work with us this summer.
Watsi is a non-profit organization based in San Francisco that allows donors to fund life-changing healthcare for patients around the world. Watsi writers use information submitted by our partner hospitals to tell stories about the patients we fund. These stories are posted on Watsi’s website to introduce patients to donors. Check out examples of patient stories here and here.
Watsi is looking for two writing interns to work two days a week in our San Francisco office. Interns will be responsible for editing and publishing patient profiles written by our volunteer writers. Interns will also edit and send treatment updates to donors about patients they have funded.
The best candidates will be excellent writers with a passion for healthcare, medicine, and technology. Familiarity with basic medical terminology is a plus.
If interested, please send your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Summer 2017 Writing Intern Application."
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Start date is flexible but is ideally as soon as possible. Internship will run through the summer until August 31 (approximate date).
- Unpaid, but we can work with your college/university to provide credit.
- Free coffee + snacks + fun times with our small (15 person) team.
- Happy hours, professional development, and networking events will help you grow and connect with other writers, interns, and the Watsi team.
If you liked this post, check out
In working towards an equitable future where people everywhere have access to high-quality healthcare, Watsi has seen first-hand how for many around the world, attaining good health is a complicated undertaking that depends on much more than just their ability to see a doctor when they are sick.…