Watsi is looking for 2 health communications interns to work two days a week in our San Francisco office. Interns will be responsible for editing and publishing patient profiles written by our volunteer writers (see www.watsi.org for patient profile examples). Interns will also edit and send treatment updates to donors on patients they have funded, as well as publish the updates to the site.
The best candidates will be excellent writers with a passion for healthcare, medicine, and technology. Familiarity with basic medical terminology is a huge plus.
If interested, please send your resume, cover letter, and 1-2 writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fall 2015 Internship Application”.
- Applications due Friday, August 14th, 2015
- Internship runs September 8th, 2015 - January 8th, 2016 (approximate dates)
- Unpaid, but we can work with your college/university to provide credit
- Free coffee + snacks + fun times with our small (8 person) team
- Happy hours, professional development, and networking events will help you grow and connect with other writers, interns, and the Watsi team
I manage medical partnerships @ Watsi
If you liked this post, check out
In working towards an equitable future where people everywhere have access to high-quality healthcare, Watsi has seen first-hand how for many around the world, attaining good health is a complicated undertaking that depends on much more than just their ability to see a doctor when they are sick.…