UPDATE: This position has been filled.
Watsi is looking for a patient story coordinator to join our medical team. The patient story coordinator will ensure the accuracy and quality of all patient stories published on Watsi, compile compelling patient content for marketing and corporate partnerships, and oversee the patient submission and management process.
Watsi is a nonprofit that enables anyone to fund healthcare for people around the world. We’re a team of engineers, designers, doctors, and storytellers working at Watsi because we believe that everyone deserves access to healthcare.
Watsi has raised nearly $7M to fund life-changing healthcare for 8,600 people in 23 countries. We’ve been featured in The New York Times, NPR, and The Wall Street Journal, and we were the first non-profit funded by Y Combinator.
About our medical program
Watsi partners with hospitals, clinics, and care centers in 23 countries around the world to identify patients in-need of funding for healthcare. Once a patient is approved to receive Watsi funding, their story is published on watsi and funded by donors around the world. 100% of all donations go directly to patients, and donors receive treatment updates on patients they fund.
What you’ll be doing
- Overseeing patients throughout the Watsi process, from initial submission to final treatment update
- Editing 500+ patient stories per month
- Compiling patient stories and content for reports, company partners, donors, and funders
You’re perfect for this position if you are...
- A strong writer. You love the idea of spending your days editing and curating high-quality stories that present our patients with dignity and respect.
- Highly organized. You will be managing several hundred patients per month in various states throughout the Watsi process.
- A creative, critical thinker. You spot a line in a patient story that’s great for social media, and you communicate that with our marketing team. You can easily compile a compelling report on a certain group of patients we’ve funded.
- Passionate about using your writing skills to make a difference in the world. Every patient story you edit and publish leads to that patient receiving the healthcare they need. We think that’s a pretty awesome way to spend the day, but it’s important that you do too.
This is a full-time position perfect for someone with 0-3 years of experience. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com
I manage medical partnerships @ Watsi
If you liked this post, check out
In working towards an equitable future where people everywhere have access to high-quality healthcare, Watsi has seen first-hand how for many around the world, attaining good health is a complicated undertaking that depends on much more than just their ability to see a doctor when they are sick.…