Watsi is a nonprofit that enables anyone to directly fund life-changing healthcare for people around the world. In almost 5 years, Watsi has raised more than $8M to fund life-changing healthcare for 12,000 people in 25 countries. We’ve been featured in The New York Times, NPR, and The Wall Street Journal, and we were the first non-profit funded by Y Combinator.
Our small but mighty partnerships team is looking for an intern to help with the day-to-day execution that powers partnerships with companies like Google, HP, and LinkedIn to engage employees, reward customers, and build brand by changing lives around the world. This is a unique opportunity to contribute meaningfully to one of our most exciting fundraising areas.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching and prioritizing prospective company and institutional partners
- Assisting with initial outreach to partners and prepping follow-up materials
- Providing account management and support for existing partners
- Collecting, analyzing, and tracking data in Salesforce
Who we’re looking for:
- Above all else, a high-energy people person who loves building positive relationships with others
- Demonstrated interest in business, marketing, healthcare, technology, and/or social impact
- Flexible and able to adapt to growing and shifting responsibilities
- Self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Top-notch research skills
- (Obsessively) detail-oriented and organized
- Willingness to help with administrative tasks needed to keep day-to-day program operations running smoothly, including data entry and updating and maintaining outreach and contact lists
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Start date is flexible but ideally as soon as possible.
- Able to work two days a week out of our sunny Mission District office in San Francisco.
- Unpaid, but we can work with your college/university to provide credit.
- Free coffee, snacks, and fun times with our small team.
- Happy hours, professional development, and networking events will help you grow and connect with other interns and the Watsi team.
To apply, please send your resume, a bit more about why you’re interested in the position, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2017 Partnerships Intern” in the subject line.
If you liked this post, check out
In working towards an equitable future where people everywhere have access to high-quality healthcare, Watsi has seen first-hand how for many around the world, attaining good health is a complicated undertaking that depends on much more than just their ability to see a doctor when they are sick.…