Update: this position has now been filled!
Watsi is looking for a Medical Program Manager to help us grow our medical program around the world by managing relationships with on-the-ground healthcare providers, implementing policies to guide those partnerships, and acting as a perpetual advocate for Watsi patients.
Watsi is a nonprofit that enables anyone to fund life-changing healthcare for people around the world. We’re a team of engineers, designers, doctors, and storytellers working at Watsi because we believe that everyone deserves access to healthcare. In 4 years, we’ve raised nearly $7M to fund healthcare for 9K patients in 23 countries. We’ve been featured in The New York Times, NPR, and The Wall Street Journal, and we were the first non-profit funded by Y Combinator.
About our medical program
Watsi partners with healthcare providers around the world to identify patients in need of care, crowdfund the treatment they need, and provide updates to the donors who helped make it happen. The purpose of our medical program is to ensure that all of this can happen in a way that generates maximum impact for patients, uses technology to make processes efficient, and injects transparency into every interaction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Formalizing the vision, strategy, and goals for our medical program
- Managing efficient and mutually beneficial relationships with both existing and new medical partners
- Setting and enforcing the policies that govern our medical program and making sure that our patients, medical partners, and donors understand them
- Executing ongoing due diligence, auditing, and verification of information to ensure quality of care, efficiency of operations, and accuracy of data on our platform
- Synthesizing and communicating the medical program’s impact internally and externally
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have global health experience and understand what it takes to deliver and fund healthcare in developing countries
- Love bringing structure to busy environments and thrive off of implementing effective, scalable processes
- Can clearly communicate goals, strategies, and ideas to diverse audiences (from medical professionals to patients to donors to internal colleagues at Watsi)
- Are excited about both the day-to-day execution work and the longer-term strategizing needed to help more patients access healthcare
If you’ve been reading this and nodding your head, we should talk! To apply, please send your resume and a few lines about why you're interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Medical Program Manager" in the subject line.
Cofounder at Watsi