Watsi is a San Francisco-based nonprofit that enables anyone to directly fund healthcare for people around the world. We’re a team of doctors, engineers, designers, and marketers working at Watsi because we believe that everyone deserves access to healthcare.
Since launching a partnership with Tencent Charity and Amity Foundation, more than 500,000 Chinese donors have contributed over $400,000 to fund healthcare for Watsi patients on WeChat. Now, we’re looking to expand Watsi’s brand awareness in China and grow donations through WeChat by hiring a part-time, China-based social media marketer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a Chinese social media strategy, with an initial focus on WeChat
- Creating engaging original content for distribution on social media, as well as localizing English content for Chinese audiences
- Growing donations through WeChat
- Using testing and analytics to measure effectiveness
We’d love to talk to you if:
- You have experience marketing to Chinese audiences, particularly on WeChat
- You are a native Chinese speaker, fluent in both simplified and traditional Chinese, as well as English
- You are entrepreneurial, a self-starter, and have experience building social media strategies from the ground up
- You believe that everyone deserves healthcare and you want your work to help make that a reality
- Competitive compensation
- Paid travel to the US several times per year
- The opportunity to gain experience managing a unique international brand in China
If interested, please email your resume (in English), examples of past public accounts you’ve managed, sample articles you’ve written for public accounts, and a bit about why you're interested in Watsi to firstname.lastname@example.org with "China social media marketing" in the subject line.
Please note this is a part-time position based in China.
Cofounder at Watsi
If you liked this post, check out
In working towards an equitable future where people everywhere have access to high-quality healthcare, Watsi has seen first-hand how for many around the world, attaining good health is a complicated undertaking that depends on much more than just their ability to see a doctor when they are sick.…