Watsi is looking for a global health professional to manage operations for a new pilot project in Uganda. The ideal candidate is a generalist with at least two years of global health experience and a desire to spend up to six months per year in Uganda managing operations for an early-stage project that has the potential to bring quality primary care to millions of people.
This is a broad, full-time role, and it’s perfect for someone who is hungry to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment at the intersection of technology and global health.
You’ll have a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Project management
- Assisting with grant writing, management, and reporting so we can raise funds to provide care to more patients
- Coordinating logistics for travel and meetings with patients, clinic staff, and partners
- Managing administrative work such as HR, billing, and budgeting so our operations run as efficiently as possible
- Communicating with diverse groups of stakeholders including patients, clinic staff, and partners
- Conducting research and informational interviews with patients and public health experts
- Contributing to the design, execution, and evaluation of the pilot
- Helping with whatever necessary to make the pilot a success
You’re perfect for this role if you are:
- Excited about the opportunity to bring healthcare to more people
- Highly organized
- Possess a rigorous attention to detail
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- Able to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Have at least two years of professional global health experience
- Have a MPH or similar degree
- Excited to spend up to six months per year in rural Uganda
If this description excites you, please email your resume, a bit about why you're interested in the role, and one writing sample to email@example.com with "Operations Manager" in the subject.
Please note that this position is based in our San Francisco office but you must be able to spend up to six months per year in rural Uganda.